Your safe and friendly chat forum

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Reading The Book "The Fault In Our Stars"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Piglet

PostSubject: Reading The Book "The Fault In Our Stars"   Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:07 pm

FYI : This may be really silly and really dumb but I'm writing it anyway. I will probably read this later and think " Wow I was a weird 15 yr old " ( okay almost 15 yr old ). However I'm writing this anyway because right now it's not too embarrassing.

Part 1: Recently I read a book ( I'm sure I've told everyone about). The book ended up being a sad book , the two main characters are cancer patients so I guess it was going to be sad no matter what. However, this book was sad in a different kind of way. Normally in a book you are sad/cry because something sad or terrible happens. Normally those terrible thins are unexpected and you cry because it shouldn't have happened and well ... it was a sad event. This book however , created a different kind of sad. This wasn't an unexpected sad event , you know they are sick and the book tells you that , you know whats going to happen. It is sad because you became so attached to the characters you don't want them to hurt , your sad for them , not about them.

Part 2: This is a book that makes you think about your own life. It brought out one of my biggest fears. I know at 15 this shouldn't be a concern of mine , but I'm scared of dying and not leaving a mark or doing anything important. At 15 I should care about dying , but it happens to everyone , and that doesn't leave me out. However , this book showed me maybe it's okay to die not leaving a mark on the world. As long as I impact the people around me and closest to me is what matters. Thinking about , they will remember it most anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tracy

PostSubject: Re: Reading The Book "The Fault In Our Stars"   Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:10 pm

your far from weird......and your brilliant...Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Reading The Book "The Fault In Our Stars"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1